Monday, December 28, 2009

Drug store shampoo brand that is good for your hair?

I have short hair and it's recently become dry. The salon I go to told me that the shampoo brand I've been using for years is BAD for your hair because of the high ph. I can't afford the expensive salon brands and want to know if there is a drugstore brand that i could use that is good for my hair. I've also stopped shampooing everyday and only shampoo every other day. This seems to help a little. Any advice would be appreciated. :-) Thanks!Drug store shampoo brand that is good for your hair?
I agree with Amber Marie; some of the salon brands last a really long time. With the economic times being the way they are, I also tried scaling back, but found myself spending about the same. I've used, and highly recommend, the Nexxus hydrating conditioner. You can now get it salons AND supermarkets. It's a little expensive, but it will last you almost 4 times as long as a bottle of generic the same size (and I have waist-long hair!).





If that is still more than you want to spend, try INFUSIUM moisturising conditioner. It's great and about $7 a bottle at Walmart.





One thing I do when my hair gets dry, is skip the shampoo every other day, but wash with JUST conditioner on the in-between-days. The conditioner will help get the dirt out while keeping your hair moisturized.





Good luck =)Drug store shampoo brand that is good for your hair?
Salon shampoo actually costs about the same amount as drugstore shampoo, deending on the brand that you buy. Because it is made with better ingredients you only have to use half the amount that you would use of a drugstore brand, so it lasts twice as long, evening out the overall price. But, if you must use a drugstore brand, use Aussie. It is the ONLY shampoo that won't strip out your hairs natural health (all other brands are too harsh) and it is also the only brand that will not leave a waxy film around the outside of your hair. It is made with better and more natural ingredients, and they don't add all of the wax for texture, so if you must go drugstore, go Aussie. If they don't have it for some reason, know that Pantene is the absolute worst and Suave is the next worst! Garnier would be second place to Aussie if they don't have it, but the most likely will.
herbal essene is nice for a cheap shampoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment