Friday, December 18, 2009

If I keep switching shampoo brands, is that bad for my hair?

I am currently using Garnier Furctis sleek and shine shampoo/conditioner and my doctor recomend that i use baby shampoo from now on but is switching brand products bad for my hair? I will be using baby shampoo tempoirly (sp) and will be going back to garnier fructis





docotr's instructtionsIf I keep switching shampoo brands, is that bad for my hair?
NO thats actually good for your hair.


I've always been told that if you use the same shampoo all the time eventually it builds up a residue and its not cleaning your hair any more.


Ive been told to swtich off every month between different brands.If I keep switching shampoo brands, is that bad for my hair?
no
no, switching brands doesn't really matter. it's actually a good thing to try out new ones to see which one you like best. same with toothpaste, makeup, and other hair products. plus, it can be fun to switch it up and have different scents! =]
no, its act a good thing. its recommended to change your shampoo every few weeks depending on ur hair's needs. lik for example, if ur hairs starting to feel or look too greasy, try using some cleansing shampoo nd conditioner. etc.
It's actually good for your hair to change your shampoo and conditioner every so often. Find another, different shampoo %26amp; conditioner that you like and switch between them every couple of months.


Switching to baby shampoo won't damage your hair to answer your question :)
No! It is actually good for your hair to switch shampoos and conditioners every once an awhile to maintain a better pH balance, or to ';help'; your hair or scalp ( if the weather changes like from fall to winter and your hair gets to dry or oily ) It's only bad to change if you switching to a different brand almost everyday. What you're describing is fine. :D
not at all. i do it.
actually.... it is good for ur hair to switch hair prodicts..it's not good for ur hair to be dependent on one brand of products..vary up ur style...
Actually I have read it is a good way to keep your hair healthy. I'm taking a life management class right now and under do's and dont's for hair care switching shampoo brands is one of the things you should do.
no its actually supposedly good
No.
If you have a scalp condition and your doctor tells you to use baby shampoo, I would listen to your doctor.
I do not think changing shampoo brands will damage you hair, especially if your acting on your doctors advise and it's short term.





If you feel unsure about this, I would test the baby shampoo for a week, and see if you have any allergic reaction, or if you feel the shampoo is doing the same job as your previous shampoo. If you find any problems with the new shampoo, then I'd seek your Doctors advise for an alternative (for whatever medical problem you may have).





Besides the doctors advise. I don't think there is anything wrong with changing shampoos regularly as long as it suits your hair type, and doesn't cause an allergic reaction. That's what Trial %26amp; Error are used for. Test to find a shampoo you prefer and like and makes your hair feel good.
no, it is definitely not!!! its actually good for your hair!!!!
Yes it is but you have to find the right one... try new ones once a week max.
I guess not,because why is it the shampoo manufacturers always producing and making new names of shampoo????





But you should follow your doctors adviced...he knows best!!!!!!
no it is not bad for your hair at all


some kinds just work better than others


none are bad for your hair
I have always been told it is good to switch shampoo brands/types every few months....don't know why but that's what I know.





*Most of the time these people we call ';Doctors'; tend to know what they are doing....I would listen to what they have to say there must be a reason.
I don't know?
No, no if the Shampoos are good=]
Nope! I heard that switching to baby shampoo for about a week every month of two will help your hair!
I don't think it's bad for your hair at all. Sometimes I like switching up because I feel like certain shampoos actually build up on my hair.
no, it's actually good for your hair to switch products around some
no, actually it's better
I assume it is good to switch shampoos once in a while. I do and I think my hair reacts better than just using one for a long time.
I switch all the time and i have thick long hair. I don't switch until i empty the bottle, but this really shouldn't do much damage to your hair at all. just as long as it's nothing thats too harsh on your hair.
no it's not bad for your hair.
its horrible...it is even possible than ur hair can get so used to the one shampoo that when u change you will have a reaction and ur hair will turn very hard and possible fall out
who cares?????????????? Are you fricken serious. Millions of starving kids and your worried about your hair.
well switching brand is bad becuz then your hair cant adapt to the shampoo your using but washing braids isant nessarly bad but it will make the braids look and feel older

No comments:

Post a Comment