Thursday, January 7, 2010

What grocery store brand shampoo and conditioner is healthiest for my hair?

I have really fine hair...and a lot of it! It takes me at least 30 minutes just to blow it dry! It has some interesting waves but I blow it streight. Any ideas what will be best to keep it healthiest (Besides breaking the bank on salon brands)?What grocery store brand shampoo and conditioner is healthiest for my hair?
Best ones so far have been Thermasilk and Dove. They're both gentle and work really really well.





Tresemme, while they have an interesting product angle that they're a 'salon' brand, they dried my hair out like no other. Even the conditioner felt like water... although that might be good for you considering that you have finer hair than me (I have a hair like a sponge)





Try blow drying your hair on cool or warm, not hot.. because you'll dry it out and make it split even more, being that it's finer.





Also, try spreading a product (can't remember what it's called), that will protect your hair from blow drying. Your fine hair NEEDS it.. What you do is you spread in this blow-dry protector stuff through your entire hair, THEN you blow dry it, which will make it stay healthier longer.





Oh and you can also try Bumble and Bumble's defrizz stuff. I know it's a lot of money, but a little drop goes a long way and this stuff works really well.What grocery store brand shampoo and conditioner is healthiest for my hair?
None. Save up and look for sales during peak times like Mothers day, Holidays or just after a big promotion, and before another holiday. Know a stylist? Have her pick up something for you at the beauty supply. Best products picks professionally? Matrix, and Redken.
Suave does a good job in my opinion and they have a wide variety of types to select from.


You didn't ask about, but did mention having lots of fine, hard to dry hair. I find the special hair drying towels really help. I wrap my hair while drying the rest of me and dressing. When I am ready to blow dry, it goes much faster as the excess water has been absorbed.


http://www.opamerica.com/product_info.ph鈥?/a>


http://www.lnt.com/sm-aquis-hair-drying-鈥?/a>
Dove and Aussie is great! Garnier Frutis is pretty good but I don't recommend it for fine hair like yours, it's better for thicker hair.





Do NOT use Pantane products, they're absolutely horrible foryour hair.





Here's what works best for me: I use Dove shampoo, and alternate between Dove's Conditioner for colour treated hair (there's other dove conditioners, use what best describes your hair), and Aussie's Original 3 Minute Miracle. Alternating conditioners will make your hair softer and more managable.





I strongly recommend you use Dove shampoo, it contains weightless conditioners and will not leave any residue (which makes fine hair look limp, flat, and lifeless!).











Make sure you rinse your hair out very well, and use product sparingly before blow drying your hair (I recommend using a little bit of heat protectant). The more product that's in your hair the longer it takes to dry.
I have used garnier fructis in the past and it works great. I had some problems with breakage and split ends.. and it made my hair great. It can be alittle on the expensive side, however the stuff is well worth is.





I have also tried salon shampoos and i didnt think it was comparative.
I think Aussie is good and so is Garnier Fructise. My shampoo of choice (when it comes to inexpensive shampoos) is Pantene, but a lot of stylistst said that it isnt very good because it's to ';waxy'; and coats your hair. I dont get it, but it works for me. They have a lot of different lines for hair like moisture renewal, full and thick (that would be good for you, since yuor hair is fine), color protection, curls etc.. just get a trial size and see if you like it, then try another until you get the one you like

No comments:

Post a Comment