Thursday, January 7, 2010

Can I use annother brand shampoo with the Kirby Vacuum shampoo system??

I have had this vacuum for a couple months %26amp; I want to use some of the shampoo I have around the house BUT I don't want to hurt the shampoo system (which OF COARSE says to use only Kirby brand shampoo).


Any one have any experience with this??Can I use annother brand shampoo with the Kirby Vacuum shampoo system??
I've always used different shampoos, just put a half a cap full of fabric softener in your cleaning solution to cut down on the foaming...:)Can I use annother brand shampoo with the Kirby Vacuum shampoo system??
I also have a Kirby Vacuum shampoo system. You probably won't hurt the system by using other brands, but I don't think you'll get good results from the other shampoos...they are not formulated to foam. I wouldn't do it. All this Kirby system does is rub foam onto your carpet, it sits for 5 minutes, the excess foam gets scraped off into the tray, then you allow the carpet to dry and vacuum. Other shampoos are formulated to be mixed with water and the excess is extracted out of the carpet. Kirby shampoo and brands such as Bissel, Hoover, Woolite differ in how they are intended to work. I hate my Kirby shampoo system (I used mine twice!) and I recently bought a carpet shampooer. It does a much better job and my carpets are MUCH cleaner. I'm constantly cleaning carpet, I have 3 dogs and live in the country. Good luck.
dont pay attention to those use only things i have used pure bleach and pinesole and different household chemicals the thing to wach is not to let it foam if it has to much foam then you could have a problem
I think it is best that you do, I used to demonstrate these machines and have used generic stuff but the kirby works better because it's picked up much better than if you used geneirc stuff

No comments:

Post a Comment